There are many different little acts of kindness that can be done to brighten someone’s day. I’ve included a list of some of my favorite ideas that I have personally done.
- Hand out roses (You could stand in front of a grocery store and give it to women coming out or just drive around and randomly stop when you see someone. )
- Pay for someone behind you in the drive thru (It can be risky because you don’t know how much their total is, but God knows your heart and he will bless you abundantly for your generosity.)
- Bring cookies to the local firemen or police officers (They do so much for the community and always appreciate it when someone is grateful for their sacrifice.)
- Hide quarters around a playground (This is something a little out of the ordinary, but I’m sure you know how much joy it gives kids to find money. Just think of their joy. Plus we have had a little fun with it by putting it in weird spots that no one could possible have dropped a quarter ;))
- Leave a bouquet on someone’s car (We did this once when we saw an older couple get out of a car at a restaurant. After we left the bouquet, we hid and waited for them to come out. It took a while but it gave us a chance to pray for them. When they did come out and see it, the wife was just grinning from ear to ear.)
- Put a quarter in an expired parking meter (A common one but still does a whole lot.)
- Make a reverse parking ticket (Instead of a ticket where they have to pay money, make a ticket with an envelope saying, “Treat yourself to a coffee!” We’ve done it before and can get people a little upset at first, but when they figure out the truth it brings a smile.)
- Tape some quarters on a vending machine (Pretty fun to think of people’s reactions)
- Tape a gift card on that restaurant’s bathroom mirror (We just made sure we let the restaurant know what we were doing so they wouldn’t take it off and they could explain if anyone asks. And we put it in an envelope that said, “This is for YOU!”)
- Smile at a stranger (The deed doesn’t have to be extravagant to have a whole lot of love)
The list is endless and could be anything from a smile for a stranger to paying for someone’s meal. It is totally up to your creativity and what God is calling you to do. I challenge you to leave little “rose petals of kindness” for people and would love to hear what you’ve done in the comments below!