Have you ever been hungry? So hungry because you haven’t eaten in three days? There are millions of people around the world who don’t know where their next meal is going to come from. They spend each moment just trying to get food for their growling stomach. But what can I do? I’m not capable of multiplying five thousand hamburgers, like Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes. I might not be able to cure the world of hunger but I can take that first step by starting with one person in my own home.
- Help make my siblings’ lunch before school
- Skip snacks for the day and offer it up for struggling families
- Help at a Knights of Columbus pancake breakfast or fish fry
- Offer to pay for someone’s lunch at school
- Encourage a Catholic friend who hasn’t been coming to Mass to go with you
- Start a bible or Catholic book study
I challenge you to find a moment this week to feed the hungry. I’d love to hear in the comments below what you did!